Stepping into the glitzy winters sounds fascinating to layer up your wardrobe and flaunt your glam game. But retaining a dewy glow and natural radiance comes at a price of sheer dedication and self love. While some seek solace from the scorching heat, the fall season could turn turbulent if we don’t take measures.
Seasonal change can wreak havoc on the skin and it is advisable to remain flexible with skincare habits. Often we spot dry and flaky skin come the harsh winters and end up with layers of moisturizers. But did you know harsh chemicals could be a nightmare to your skin?. Being conscious with the purchases should be the first preference to spruce up your skincare routine. And if you are already flabbergasted with the pre fall syndrome we got you covered with these quintessential Winter skin care tips. Check them out:
Top 10 winter skincare tips to flaunt that radiance everyday!
1. Say Yes to Alcohol free winters (Both in your makeup & skincare) Go easy on that occasional glass of wine at the dinner table. Alcohol not only dehydrates the body but has effects on the skin too. It accelerates aging and that is why we recommend you to keep a distance. Even make sure not use makeup or skincare products with traces of alcohol. Instead use homegrown, organic products for that healthy glow on your face and body.
2. Water is your best friend: Drink enough water every day to maintain hydration throughout. Water flushes out toxins from the body and clears the skin. Also proper hydration plumps the surface and improves elasticity. To have more of hydration don’t forget to include gel based products to restore lost nutrients.
3. Cut down on the long hot showers: One of the best winter skincare tip is cutting your time on long steamy baths. Winters are the time when we crave for a silent hot shower to keep us warm from the biting cold. But this practice has its repercussions on the skin promoting dryness and damage. We suggest you to keep it short and simple with a quick body wash.
4. Double moisturize: Moisturizers and lotions are a go-to during the winter season to prevent the skin from drying. Enjoy the warm and cozy winters with moisturizers that goes with your skin type. Let your skin remain hydrated day and night and feel rejuvenated through out. Given the pandemic as the protocols suggest to maintain hand hygiene with frequent washing. It is advisable to wear a good hand nourish to maintain the pH level of the skin. Always chose products curated from natural ingredients and are free from harsh chemicals.
5. Cleanse, Exfoliate, Repeat: While it is important to cleanse your face two times a day, don’t forget to exfoliate. Scrub off dead cells 2-3 times a week to get that glowing skin at home. Make sure to use gentle products made from natural ingredients and remain kind to your skin. Scrubbing reduces chances of acne breakouts and helps in restoring a clear looking skin.
6. Say Hello to Handmade Soaps: Soaps maybe underrated given the posh availability of hand and body wash available in the market. But a good investment on a curated handmade soap can do wonders to the skin. The ideal blend for a luxuriant skin is rooted to the therapeutic, nourishing and rejuvenating ingredients. Always go for soaps that are natural and skin friendly. Let that skin glow!
7. Always wear a sun protect: A good sun protect with SPF should be a priority irrelevant of the season. Weather it is stepping out in the summers or the cozy winters, wear your sunscreen. Beauty experts have advised that a sun protect is a necessity as the harmful radiation of the sun can cause far reaching damage to the skin.
8. Don’t forget to include Lip care on your regime: How often do we use a proper lip scrub for smooth looking lips. Winters are the time when we spot flaky and dry lips. Here exfoliation is the key to remove any possible dead cells and get those envious plump lips at home. Followed by an ointment based serum or a balm. Now juicy looking lips is just two steps away. Cheers!
9. A good foot massage is heaven: Just like any part of your body the feet needs attention too. Don’t you feel like flaunting those gorgeous anklets?. The thought of sitting cozily and enjoying a good foot massage is thrilling isn’t it. Skin breakage on the feet is a common phenomena among women and treating these wounds are exhausting. It is advisable to take precautions ahead of the daunting winters so that your feet are in good condition. Invest on a good foot file set and rub off the dead cells, followed by a massage with a moisturizer. This practice improves circulation, stimulates muscles and reduces tension.
10. Keep moving: Who wants to wake up to that irritating alarm during the cozy winters. Don’t you feel like curling up to your blanket and enjoying some time at the bed. But don’t let that feeling get you to a point of lethargy. Sleep and rest is important but body movements are equally important for blood circulation and relax muscle joints. Do some yoga, go for walks and keep that body moving!
And above all Happy Winters!
Rupal Shabnam Tyagi
Aromatherapy Practioner and Perfumer